It happened that the Cathedral of the Nativity, was not far from the liquidation of Alexander, it does not belong to the highest of the building nor to the masterpieces of architecture. However, Alexandrov’s scale is quite remarkable.
The Diocese of Vladimir and Suzdal, in charge of the cathedral, is covered with dome of golden onion. In the dome, the sun is visible from many points of the city, and in the interior, the corridors of Nikolaya Chudotvortsa and Arhistratiga Mihailă are premiered certain iconostasio.
You can admire Alexander of the Kremlin and relax in the public garden next to the brook In the beautiful square of the cathedral.
More than 1000 years of history after the birth of Christ, the construction of the temple began in the year 990, as a wooden church of St. Nicholas in the place where there is now a cinema “Saturn”. After dynamically developing the Slavic settlement. For 200 years, its territory has grown so much that it took time to build another temple, and in the 11th century was built the first version of the church of the Nativity.
Over time, the church completed the construction of the new chapels. Peter himself helped in the process, and by his decree in 1696 instead of two wooden churches, he decided to built a stone church with a bell tower of the Nativity. In the 19th century with the money of Aleksandrov merchants, work was carried out on the enlargement and restructuring of the complex, in particular, all wooden buildings were replaced by stone.
The wind revolution brought change, and the prayers in turn gave rise to the opera, amateur and even bakery. But in 1991 the whole country started a movement to restore the temples, and the Cathedral of Christ received a new life. A year later, the service was resumed and in the next 25 years it was completely restored and consecrated. The territory of the complex was surrounded by a fence and was added Sunday school, baptism, prosfornoy bakery and a library.
They say that the Cathedral of the Nativity is one of the brightest and most pleasant places of Alexandrov. People come to the temple of the soul to rest and gain strength to speak with the priest. The workers of the congregation go to the diocese with the people during the holidays, who adore and present all the cards, honor the Sisters of Mercy and maintain a pleasant atmosphere.