Georgy Vasilyevich Chicherin was a distinguished diplomat and a talented man of state, the Chicherin House-Museum was opened not long ago, in 1987. The building, which occupies the museum is an old wooden country house, from the Chicherin family. There are only 9 rooms, surrounding several adjoining buildings, but the overall impression of a miniature house is very pleasant and welcoming.
It is a small house where the Chicherin noble family lived from 1877 to 1886. It contains approximately 3300 artifacts, including furniture, books and other personal items. Of course, the first exhibition of the museum is interesting for those who have heard of the extraordinary personality of Chicherin, a noted historian, famous journalist, musician and musicologist. However, the rest of people should also visit the house. It has a very decent furniture, with a very well designed and subtly collection, when you visit this house-museum, it conveys an atmosphere of the 19th century.
It is located on the corner of the Soviet Union (ex great) and Kronstadt (ex intercession). This house, despite being only one-storey, surprisingly simulates an elegant stone architecture from the first half of the 19th century. This house-museum, itself, is a landmark of Tambov.
It was in this building where Georgy Vasilyevich Chicherin spent his childhood years (from 1877 to 1886), the famous Russian diplomat. In that place, between the 70’s and 80’s of the 19th century he was often visited by his uncle Boris Nikolaevich Chicherin, a scientist and public man. In the house are exhibitions of original photographs, letters, documents, and, of course, the pearl of the collection. This place makes people happy, especially the interior. You should make sure to visit all parts of the house, including the attic, where there once existed the nurseries of George, Nicholas and Sophia.
Something that should not be overlooked, and it is one of the best things: the museum has a children’s theater tour known as “Visiting Jura Chicherin”, which is especially for children so it is also a place for them.
There are special visits, with nights of classical music and banquets.
Address: St. Port, 63.
Opening hours: from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. It should be mentioned that the ticket office closes half an hour before the end of the working day. The house-museum has its doors closed on Mondays and the last Friday of every month.