The fame of the Museum – Vladimir-Suzdal Reserve has spread far beyond the city, the region or even the country. His exhibition is totally brilliant and informative, and this is thanks to Vladimir. It is a center for national and international tourism. It is no coincidence, since it is not only one of the first museums of reservations, which appeared in Russia. This is a huge complex in the territory, where 56 architectural monuments of Vladimir and its suburbs such as Suzdal, Kidekshi and Crystal Gus meet under its premises. Each year, its museums are visited by more than 1.2 million people. They have monuments of architecture from the 12th to 13th centuries, such as the Golden Gate, the Cathedral of the Assumption, and churches that have long been in the glorious city of Vladimir. In the Museum – Reserve, all objects, especially the most valuable of the cultural heritage of Russian people, and the ensembles of the Monastery of St. Etimius and Suzdal Kremlinen, are officially registered on the list of the cultural heritage of mankind By UNESCO.
The exhibitions of the museum, such as “La Casa” complex is a building containing three floors in its former official site, built between 1785 and 1790. Under the same roof there are 6 different wings, the exhibition hall, galleries Art, and even a museum center for children. In it, there are fine artworks, as well as icons, costumes and toys. This exhibition is so versatile, that certainly interests all visitors.
In the original building of the old water tower, there is an exhibition of the “Old Vladimir”, dedicated to the daily life of the city in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. After touring the exhibits, all visitors can have a panoramic view on a platform that is open on the fourth level.
It should be noted that the military and historical exhibition is located at the Golden Gate building. There is information about weapons and uniforms from different eras and you can see the main exhibition of pride, which is the diorama known as “The Decisive Assault of Vladimir” made by Batu Kan on February 7, 1238.
The museum contains many priceless objects, historical and surprising antiques. The famous “sungirskaya horse” and a white stone cross stand out, as well as a monument of the oldest letters of the twelfth century.
The museum exhibits crystalline, embroidered and miniature lacquers that speak for themselves and the samples of these works are made by local artisans. Finally, the house-museum of Stoletovs tells the story of two brothers; Vladimir, a native with talent for land and the nature of life, as well as Vladimir’s life with the merchant family in the nineteenth century. The exhibition is currently located in a one storey wooden house.