Despite the modest size of the city, to explore all the attractions of Pereslavl the weekend may not be enough. You should start with the downtown area. The Kremlin, with its ringed ancient height of the earth wall of 12 meters with a width of 10 meters, where a small distance from each other make up the Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Aleksandru Nevskomu monument, in front of it you can see the Church of Peter The Metropolitan, and the rest of the cathedral of the small Sretensky Boroditsky as the Monastery of St. Volodymyr and the church of Aleksandr Nevsky.
To compare, the Moscow Kremlin has a perimeter of 850 meters, which is three times smaller than that of Pereslavl-Zaleski. By the way, both buildings were presented by order of Yuriya Dolgorukogo.
In the 11th century, the ancient Kleschin town was located on the north shore of the lake near the Pleshcheeva mountain of Alexandrova. From that moment, obviously, the lake got its name. Now, from Kleschina there were only trees.
In 1152 Yuri Dolgoruki built a fortress to the largest place east of the lake, and later called it Pereyaslavl-Russian of Pereyaslavl (now is Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky in Kiev – Ukraine), the capital of the principality of Preeyaslavskogo. The Kremlin was surrounded by wooden walls, which, unfortunately, were not saved from damage: they were destroyed a few times by the Tatar-Mongols (between the 13th and 15th centuries), and by the Lithuanians in 1608. In 1759 the wooden walls went to pieces and these were dismantled. Now the Kremlin only preserves the walls. Now the area is planted with grass on its trails.
In its time the bell of the square and the chamber met with a variety of celebrations. In 1152 Yuri Dolgoruki began his construction of the Cathedral of the Transfiguration, which was completed by Andreem Bogolyubskim in 1157, which is one of the oldest temples in Russia and has been preserved to this day.
Almost 900 years later, the cathedral has sunk under its own weight about 90 cm into the ground. On May 30, 1220 in the princely houses of the born, Alexander Nevsky was baptized in the Cathedral of the Holy Transfiguration, which is now a museum.
The Pereslavsky Kremlin (or Detinets) sometimes called Yuriya Dolgorukogo, survives today in the form of a ring of ramparts, as the walls and towers were made of wood. But the axis of Pereslavl is one of the largest in Russia: its length is 2.5 km, its height of 18 meters, which covers most of the center of the county. Along the axis, there is a park, and stretches along the ridge of the track, with excellent views. At the end of the axis is the Red Square.
The Kremlin has been maintained with a kind of set of temples, such as the Holy Transfiguration Cathedral, the Vladimir Cathedral Icon of the Mother of God and the Aleksandra Nevskogo church. Despite the fact that the temples were built at different times, these were made in the same style and today are the hallmark of all Pereslavlskogo Kremlin.