Under the street, there is a fun and simple title itself, Quay is considered one of the main attractions of Tambov. In it they move is not only one of the favorites of tourists, but also of the citizens themselves, and what is especially pleasant in front of the water that continues to improve, is the constant opening of new monuments and cozy cafes. But the most curious eyes attract the intelligent, which is the renovated and famous Aseevsky Palace or The House of Aseeva in Tambov. Read more about this unique Tambov palace.
The House of Aseeva in Tambov, in fact, of course, not a palace, is actually a mansion, but it is not simple. The exterior of the building is surprising: it combines with the eclectic and capricious elements of the baroque, classicism and modernity. It was built at the end of the 19th century, the estate of the rich and industrial province of Russia, Aseeva has long been plunged into oblivion as housing of the cardiological sanatorium. It was a ruinous destination, destroyed and it seemed that it would never return to its natural state, so they decided to take the bull by the horns and show the whole of Russia since it was necessary to save its cultural heritage. Later the Aseevsky Palace was repaired, the neglected garden was “combed” and the interiors have been restored almost to their totality. Today the branch of the Museum of “Peterhof” is located in this building.
History of Aseevsky Palace
A major manufacturer and philanthropist M. V. Aseev built his farm on the outskirts of Tambov, just in front of a soft and silent surface of the river spill, with wonderful views beyond the wide river. It is not restricted to the media, the construction of the polygon was ordered in such a way that it will remain without canons. It would seem like a great opportunity to show your bad taste, but not in this case. The main house Manor is surprising in proportionality and grace of all its elements: it is light, beautiful, with asymmetrical facades and very interesting decorative solutions.
In 1908 in the territory of the Aseeva estate was not only the palace, but also a laundry service, servants of the house, stables, transport house, and even the construction of the power plant was carried out.
The main house has a surprising proportionality and grace in all its elements: it is light, beautiful, with asymmetrical facades and very interesting decorative solutions.
With the advent of the revolution, Aseeva was going in the direction of hell. His factory, was providing a cloth around 50% of the personnel of the tsarist army, nationalized. The manufacturer did not wait for the end of the division of the “bourgeois” property and sheltered all his considerable family, which consisted of his wife, two sons and five daughters, taking them first to Moscow and then abroad.
The last thing that was heard from the enterprising businessman of Czarist Russia, refers to 1921, when England became the Mikhail leader of Russian émigrés, which shows great respect for him and his popularity among all environments. Around 1985 the millionaire of Canada, who was Aseeva’s grandson, offered his own cost to restore the mansion, with only one condition, to become a museum. Why did the officials at the time say “no”? It is something unknown.
So May 6, 1918, the House of Aseeva in Tambov seized and converted into a boarding school for children of poor families. In the autumn of 1918 there was a group of “soldiers on horseback”, and later the palace of Tambova moved to the farm of the Faculty of Agronomy of the University of Tambov. Since 1931, what was once an exuberant and rich farm becomes a cardiological sanatorium.
What can you see in this Tambov palace?
Of course, special attention should be paid to the main country house that was restored, where you will find the valuable collection of the head of the Museum of “Peterhof” at present. By the way, the experts managed to retain substantially all the built-in furniture, remembering the old masters of Aseeva and restoring the strange reliefs.
The Park is the pride of Aseeva’s private estate. Here there are two-centuries-old trees, like linden trees, elms, oaks, pines, the murmur of the fountains, with languor looking at the nothingness the indifferent sculptures. In the spring, in the Aseevsky Palace the aroma of acacia and honeysuckle, in the heat of the day meets the cool shade of the crown of poplar and blue spruce.
The main survivor of the Tambov palace park is the English oak, which, according to some scientists, recently celebrated more than 215 years.
Do not forget to visit Tambov’s palace during your trip to Russia!
Si tiene algo que contarnos, envíenos un mail here.