Situated on a high and steep bank of the Kremlin on Voevodovoy Mountain, the Oka Species Garden is seen to be such that even the seven hills of Moscow would be jealous. Once there, you can see a circle for dances in worship of the pagan gods of the ancient inhabitants of Murom, where this world was built with wooden fortifications of the Kremlin, and then these were dismantled by order of Catherine II, and dressed in the fashion of the 19th century, the extension of the family went for a walk through the instances of the Prince Trubetskoy Park. In short, the fate of this rich, green hill is enviable.
It all started very simply, long ago the territory of the Oka Garden was an ancient settlement called Old Castle of G-d. There was a beautiful Muromsky timber yard in the Kremlin, which was dismantled by the state of ruin, by Catherine the Great in the 18th century.
Since then, this picturesque place was abandoned until Prince Ivan Aleksandrovich Trubetskói in 1852 ordered to build a city boulevard near the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin. Here Muromu Bezrukov writes about this gift.
On June 25, during the opening of the Murom fair, on the day of remembrance of Saints Peter and Fevronia, at six o’clock in the evening he opened the first public walk on the boulevard and the gallery, which was organized by the care and diligence of the mayor of Prince Ivan Alexandrovich Trubetskói, where all the residents were very grateful for this day.
Muromchanka N. Bezrukov
The boulevard was a real success: there are two avenues of linden and elm trees planted, which led to a wooden lookout point with a roof made of planks. To walk in the shade of the fragrant linden tree for those who like not only the higher light of Múrom, but also all citizens in the summer who meet with friends of Tenek and winter gatherings to share news on the traditional malecon.
At the end of the 50’s of the 20th century the Oka Garden became a playground, joined by the cathedral square, built on a dance floor. Of course, today the original park, destroyed in 1852, leaving only the old elm. However, the Garden, is still one of the most beautiful places in the city, high above the river on the southern outskirts of the Kremlin mountain.
This place is worth visiting just because of the incredible beauty of Oka and Zaokskie. But if tourists are lucky enough to bring the children during the holidays to Oka Garden they can take a ride on the Ferris wheel, carousel chain and other rides, eat ice cream and just to diversify the leisure time and get a little distracted in the abundance of museums and monasteries of the former glory city of Murom.